Powered by Blogger.

three-day weekends should be standard


So after the long weekend full of brunching (Dry Gewurztraminer is a fabulous brunch choice, by the way) and catching up on all of those things I never have time to do because I am either commuting, at work or too exhausted because of commuting/work (my to-do list included cleaning, laundry, sleeping in, learning how to poach eggs, baking strawberry muffins with fresh strawberries while it is still strawberry season, etc.), I am actually rested.

Yes, that's right. I got up this morning without repeatedly hitting the snooze button for an hour. I did not have to chew 5 million pieces of really sour gum in the car while driving this morning to keep from passing out behind the wheel. I did not have to drink the gross work coffee once I got here.

Seriously, every weekend should be three days long. Either that, or we should incorporate a nationwide siesta into the work day.

No comments