Powered by Blogger.

glass half full


Obviously, I'm not in France anymore.

I've been back for 10 days now. Well, technically eight if you subtract the two days I spent in San Francisco for work last week. What can I say? The travel never stops.

And apparently, the foot pain doesn't either. I'm still limping. (Glass half full: The damage seems to be soft tissue and not a stress fracture.) And to add to the awesomeness, I now have bronchitis too. (Glass half full: It's not pneumonia.) So I'm hobbling around and coughing violently. (Glass half full: I am not shitting my pants or projectile vomiting.)

However, that second marathon I was planning to do this year? That's looking less and less like it's going to happen. Although I may still go to the race because all of my California friends are running it and I miss them and want to make signs for them and try to convince them to do dumb things like drink a whole lot of whiskey with me the night before. (Dear California friends: Consider yourselves warned.)

Normally, I would be more than a little upset over a potential DNS. But I'm tired. It's been a crazy year, and I'm ready for the off-season. (Have I mentioned that I finally got a couch? And unpacked all of my books?) I'd like to actually clean and decorate my apartment. And maybe sleep in a little bit on the weekends and not have to worry about long runs and nutrition and battling the weather.

Also: I'd like to learn how to knit embarrassing hats for my cats.

OK, so maybe the illness and the foot pain really are affecting my mind.

No comments