Powered by Blogger.

socal

Headed south for a quick trip to Lala land this weekend. The visit started with my mom's first-ever attempt at ramen.


She made a chicken-based broth and used Filipino noodles. Not exactly authentic, but still really comforting -- and much, much better than anything I've ever tried to do myself. (Um, package of Top Ramen, anyone?)

Then I went to the beach.


If there's one thing I miss about Southern California, it's the ocean.


I lay on the sand, watched people fly kites (there was a pirate ship-shaped kite!) and read my dorky book.

And then I went to Jinya for -- you guessed it -- more ramen.


I ordered the Hakata-style bowl. I know I've had it before, and maybe I should've tried something different, but the super-thick porky broth was just too good to resist.

My parents also got ramen.


I think this must be what happily ever after looks like!

No comments