Powered by Blogger.

um, so what about that wagon?


And after all that hoopla about my diet and drinking in moderation and proper hydration and good nutrition, what do I do?

Stay up way too late drinking plenty of Pinot and not enough water.

Granted, it was pretty much impossible to resist the Kosta Browne 2007 Rosella's Vineyard Pinot Noir from the Santa Lucia Highlands -- especially since (a) this wine has not yet been released, (b) even when it is released, it is very strictly allocated and I am not high up enough on the KB mailing list to actually get an allocation and (c) everyone is raving about 2007 as The Vintage for Pinot Noir. Also, the Santa Lucia Highlands is one of my favorite AVAs for California Pinot -- the wines from this area just tend to be, for lack of a better description, so damn pretty -- and I'm a sucker for Pinot with feminine characteristics.

So Todd brought the bottle home last night -- he used to work at KB, and every once in awhile, he'll swing by there and come home with a little treat (also brought home the 07 Kanzler). The Rosella's was lovely -- a little bigger and more powerful than what I expected, but I think that was because it's young still. Probably could wait awhile (a year at least, maybe two, maybe even more) to open. Also seemed a little oaky at first, but after letting the glass sit for awhile, the fruit started to come through and the wine became more balanced.

And then I forgot to drink water. And then I stayed up too late. And then when I went for my run this morning, it pretty much sucked. Note to self: Rosella's is not an energy drink.

No comments