Powered by Blogger.

48 days and counting

So remember this?



I made up new words.

Do you want to finish Ironman?
Say good-bye to all your friends!
You can't drink anymore!
Your social life's a bore!
But it's worth it in the end!

And congratulations, that song is now officially stuck in your head forever. (Welcome to my world.)

Anyway, a few highlights from this weekend's workouts:

New kicks!

Unfortunately, not even fancy shoes could help me feel any better on Saturday's run. But at least it was pretty.

When you're so slow you believe this turtle is your spirit animal.

I also rode another century yesterday. This one was much better than the first one, and I didn't feel like I was losing my mind at the end of it. Also, I was able to walk downstairs afterward, which is a huge improvement. I like to think my success was due largely to this hot dog, which I slipped into my jersey pocket for a mid-ride snack.

You should always wrap that wiener.

I know it's weird, but the salt and fat of a hot dog is the most perfect thing ever when I'm in the middle of a bike ride.

Hey, Oscar Meyer: Let's talk sponsorships.

And speaking of eating, my appetite has officially become the hunger vortex. See this fantastic, cheese-covered, gluten-free pizza?


I ate half of it in minutes. (And yes, I'm one of those gross folks who likes to dip slices in ranch dressing. Bring it.)

And it gets better: Immediately after eating, all I want to do is sleep. Like faceplant on the table. Man, I'm a party animal right now.

No comments