Powered by Blogger.

a 10K for my cat


Yes, that's right: On Saturday I will be running a 10K in honor of Mari, the most beautiful cat princess in Chickenland.

I signed up for the Human Race (which one of my work's wineries sponsors every year). This event is a fun run and a major fundraiser for non-profit organizations in Sonoma County. I chose the Milo Foundation as my beneficiary because they're the ones who rescued my Little Miss Cat and brought her into my life.

I know all of a whopping three people read this blog regularly, but if anyone out there (hello, world?) is interested in learning more about the Milo Foundation, hearing Mari's story and supporting my fundraising efforts, you can click here for more details. So far, I've raised $375 and am so grateful to those of you who've helped out, especially since money is tight for everyone right now.

(And yes, for those of you who are wondering, it is perhaps slightly insane that I am running another race a week after Avenue of the Giants, but May is maniacal for me. I have a race four weekends in a row. Don't worry -- I have been planning this for awhile now and have a strategy in place. But I'll get into all of that in a future post. For now, let's just focus on Mari and Milo and what we can do to help abandoned animals find homes.)

No comments