Powered by Blogger.

garden state getaway


Recently, I announced: "I am going to New Jersey for vacation."

And people stared and said: "Why?"

Because New Jersey is where I can get extraordinarily good red curry, made from scratch by a friend who just finished one of Kasma Loha-unchit's five-day intensive Thai cooking classes.

It's where I can eat crepes filled with dulce de leche, melted chocolate and homemade whipped cream for breakfast. And where amazing street food can be found at the local middle school's fall festival.

It's where the leaves are already changing color and I have to use multiple blankets at night and I think about how I haven't worn a scarf in a very long time.

And most importantly, it's where Kate lives and where Shara drove to meet us.

And now I miss them both.

No comments