Powered by Blogger.

like riding a bicycle


(Unless you are me, who happens to randomly fall off at stop signs for no apparent reason at all.)

Here I am learning to blog again.

Since my last post I have:

... not changed my name despite all the hoopla

... hiked the toughest trail I've ever hiked (took almost four hours to travel only four miles!), become a Spam convert (and yes, I'm talking about the mystery meat, folks), concluded that many things really do taste better when slathered in gravy (see for yourself, above) and survived the attack of a bazillion mosquitos

... added swimming (if you define flailing around a pool as such) to my list of athletic endeavors

... started training for my next half marathon, which is less than a month away, and begun contemplating the possibility of a full 26.2 miles

... gotten a second job (unfortunately, the economy hasn't changed much in my absence from blogging, and this is my attempt to make things better)

... watched a NASCAR race from the pit

... succumbed to the all-powerful addiction that is Twitter

... finally started reading the Harry Potter series

... baked absolutely nothing, despite an influx of really nice bakeware, madeleine pans, cake dishes, measuring cups and (insert sound of angels singing) the much-lusted-after KitchenAid mixer

... promised to be better about blogging. Wink, wink.

2 comments

Christina said...

The KitchenAid mixer rocks.
Gravy is good.
That trail looks absolutely beautiful.
What is your second job?
Love,
Christina

Michaela said...

I'm going to be serving wine at a wine bar in downtown Petaluma. You should come visit me! I'll be working at least one shift almost every weekend.