Powered by Blogger.

I heart veggies


No, Homer, you do make friends with salad.

Take today, for instance. I took a writer out to lunch at Mustards, where we started our meal with some rosé wine and a salad of organic greens, candied walnuts, goat cheese and (my favorite ever) golden beets.

The greens in the salad were actually from the restaurant's on-site garden, which to me is very impressive. I'm all for eating locally and in season, and an on-site garden is pretty much as local and as seasonal as you can get! Since I was with a writer, we were invited after our meal to tour the planter boxes and the greenhouse and talk to the gardener.

Pretty damn cool.

2 comments

Kate said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! Yes, the all-caps are warranted.

Michaela said...

At least you guys are on your way to having your own garden at home. We're encountering some challenges. Todd was out there yesterday and today, and apparently our soil is mostly clay with bits of cement. Um, yeah.