Powered by Blogger.

now that's a salad


At long last, a lunch spot in Napa that I am addicted to: Big D Burgers on the Silverado Trail. I've gone three times in the last week.

My usual order? This fabulous salad. Yes, it may not be perfect -- the beets are canned and the lettuce is iceberg (but at least not just the white part -- I hate that white watery inside part). But it has so much going for it -- the light raspberry vinaigrette dressing, the black bean burger patty (which is so, so good and only has 1.5 grams of fat), the kidney beans and chickpeas. It's a hearty meal. And it's only $6.99. And it sure as hell beats this crapola salad.

Other reasons why Big D is my new favorite lunch place:

1. There are no tourists. (I get extremely jealous of people who are on vacation while I am at work.)

2. The fries also kick ass. And you can choose from regular crinkle-cuts, twistie fries or garlic fries.

3. This is not a chain restaurant.

4. The to-go containers are not made out of Styrofoam.

5. Big D is very close to JV, which is a fabulous, fabulous place to shop for wine.

No comments