Powered by Blogger.

why I ate a sandwich just now


Is it just me, or does swimming make you ridiculously hungry, hungrier even than long rides or long runs or long rides followed by long runs?

I'm back in the pool. Not going to lie -- it's been awhile. In fact, it's been since the end of August, which is when open water swim season came to a close here in Minneapolis. (I had been swimming at Cedar Lake every Monday night throughout the summer -- absolutely loved it, even though sometimes it was windy and choppy and the buoys drifted around a lot.)

Random thoughts I had in the pool tonight:
  1. This swimsuit still fits, so at least there's that.
  2. Oh wait. I take that back. Side boob.
  3. At least I'm not out of breath and dying.
  4. Everything about swimming is a mystery to me and I feel like I'm trying really hard to solve it but I haven't had a breakthrough yet.
  5. I should find a masters group. Maybe that will help.
  6. Wow, this isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  7. I can't believe the mister and I met at team swim when I was in goggles and a swim cap. Good lord.
  8. I wonder how often they clean this pool.
  9. The last time I practiced flip turns, I got food poisoning afterward and threw up. Flip turns and food poisoning are likely totally unrelated, but now I'm afraid.
  10. Remember when I could barely swim one length of the pool?
  11. September 2017. Lake Monona. And then running up the helix afterward to transition.
  12. Must. Swim. More. Often.

No comments