Powered by Blogger.

run-on sentence

I'm starting to think registering for an Ironman is an endurance event in itself.

This is the conclusion I'm arriving at as I sit here in the Tri-Cities Airport, waiting for a much-delayed flight (two hours) to bring me back to Seattle, where I will hopefully make my connection and catch yet another flight to Phoenix and then go to Tempe to volunteer at Ironman Arizona on Sunday, during which I must wear a slutty football player costume because the theme of the aid station at which I am volunteering is "sports," and Adam (who is also volunteering, along with Layla and Arvan) and I have decided this is a boring theme and needs to be spiced up (so he will be dressing as a slutty cheerleader because we must match) and then immediately after the race ends at midnight, we are going to camp out in the registration line because rumor has it there are more volunteers than available spots, so I'm kind of in crazy-stress-fight mode because I want that goddamn spot and have decided IMAZ will be The Race in 2014 because it is flat and fast and on the West Coast, and for good luck, yesterday I went to Northstar and blended my very own IMAZ-themed wine to toast the start of a year of insanity, and most likely this wine will be imbibed at 2 a.m. in the registration line, and I told my coach this, and I think he may think I drink too much to be a really serious triathlete.

Where the hell is this plane?!



4 comments

Kristina said...

Good luck! I know a bunch of people who are going to volunteer, but not all plan to sign up for 2014. Hope that it's a fun day for you and that you get your slot.

Michaela said...

Thank you!! Already having a blast out here! Fingers crossed I can register.

Angela Knotts said...

Hey, I heard you got in! Congrats! :D

Michaela said...

Yes!!! Thanks! I am sorely behind on the blogging so haven't yet had a chance to write about the experience. It was incredible!!