Powered by Blogger.

rockin' the road rash


At this point, I'm starting to think I should just get a road rash tattoo.

Yes, folks, I know you are incredibly surprised, but the world's most coordinated cyclist crashed yet again during last Saturday's 100K.

It happened at about Mile 15. I was moving along, feeling pretty good and enjoying the gorgeous vineyard scenery, when I got stuck in one of those seams between two patches of uneven pavement and totally ate shit. Like hit-my-head-on-the-ground-and-freak-other-riders-out shit.

Luckily, the damage wasn't much more than road rash, bruising and a little whiplash (rolling over in bed the next morning was excruciating), and after a few minutes, I hopped back on my bike and kept going. (Yes, there was some why-do-I-suck-so-much drama and self-loathing, but that's to be expected, since I've fallen during three of my last four cycling events. Man, I really do suck.)

And I would've finished the ride, except my friend's back started seizing up, so we hopped on the SAG wagon at the 31.1-mile lunch stop at Lake Sonoma and called it a day.

So no 100K for me.

But at least I got to experience two of the aid stations. And as you can see, they were awesome.




1 comment

Alyssa said...

YUCK. That is a good one.