Powered by Blogger.

planning ahead


I know where I'll be in November. Fingers crossed I don't get injured again, especially since race policies have changed, and runners are now only allowed to defer once. So if I don't make it to the starting line this year, I'm pretty much out of luck.

My plan for staying healthy? Lots of cross-training. And no back-to-back races like last year. (In fact, I already have my events schedule mapped out, with A, B and C priorities noted. But more on that in a future post.) I'm also all about the preventative care -- I'm continuing my weekly Pilates reformer sessions, as well as chiro and massage therapy once a month.

Because this is going to be a big year.

In addition to New York, I'm also registered for this insanity:


That's right. A half Ironman: 1.2 miles of swimming, 56 miles of cycling and a 13.1-mile run.

Let's not forget that I've only ever done one triathlon, and the swim looked like this:


Notice how everyone else is swimming, and I am just standing there. (The upside: At least I was not the person who was clinging to the buoy later in the race. At least there is that.)

But I'm telling myself I have six months to train. I can do it.

Even if I am totally out of shape right now and actually sore from yesterday's 5K. Dear god, it's a long road ahead.

No comments