Powered by Blogger.

pizza party

My latest project at work: A wine education weekend for 13 food bloggers. The event started tonight with a formal food-and-wine pairing seminar, followed by a casual dinner with pizzas from the wood-fired oven.

I got to make my very own pie from scratch. (OK, so our chef made the dough. But I still got to stretch it and shape it, and I'm proud to say that I didn't tear it.) I topped my pizza with red sauce, Parmesan, mozzarella, button mushrooms, maitakes, a little garlic, dried oregano and fresh basil.


Let me take this moment to brag about the fact that I successfully placed my pizza in the oven and didn't lose any cheese or a single topping. I also turned the pizza without incident. (OK, well maybe my left wrist hurts now. But other than that, I rock at pizza-positioning.)


The finished pie cooled for a bit.


(Note the guy in the background. You can always pinpoint a blogger by the fact that he or she finds it next to impossible to stop taking photos. I am just as guilty.)

And then I added the basil, which was the final touch.


I know you wish I delivered!

No comments