Powered by Blogger.

still trying to adjust


It's been three days since I left Red Mountain, but I still feel like I'm in vacation withdrawal.

I can't stop thinking about that run through Snow Canyon. Talk about running with joy -- I felt like I was in the middle of a Runner's World Rave Run spread and was just so grateful for my feet and my legs and my lungs and my eyes -- the ability to be there and drink it all in.

And then there was the food: Salad twice a day -- a beautiful spread of several different types of lettuce, black bean hummus and regular hummus, sprouts, shredded carrots, shredded squash, cucumber discs, red beets, cottage cheese, cole slaw, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, soy nuts, prickly pear vinaigrette. And so many vegetarian options (that's right -- I've been sans meat for almost three weeks now, and I'm feeling great and clean and peaceful) -- one night I had tofu ceviche, and another night there was seitan with mushrooms and brown rice. And I probably ate more fruit last week than I've ever eaten in my whole life. (I'm a little odd -- I love veggies, but for some reason, I hardly ever eat fruit.)

How to cope with the return to real life? I'm eating a lot of salad. And plums. And I just made myself a whole wheat wrap (stuffed with lettuce and beans and mushrooms and brown rice and topped with cottage cheese). And I keep carrying around the stupid fluorescent green water bottle they gave me at the spa. (High temps were a very dry 105 degrees -- that bottle was like my best friend.)

And I'm toying with the idea of running the St. George Marathon next year.

Of course, right?

No comments