Powered by Blogger.

awake because


Last night, we were in SF. In an artist's studio. In a basement in Bernal Heights.

We were learning how to properly melt wax to create a seal. (By the way, this does not involve sticking the wax directly into a flame. That will only result in black wax. And possibly a fire. I know because I have made this mistake many times. Which is why we needed said lesson in melting wax.)

And it hit me: We have two months. Two freaking months!

And shockingly: I think I am actually excited.

4 comments

Kate said...

You and your wax-melting lessons are fucking hardcore.

I'm so excited for your wedding, too!

Michaela said...

Seriously, though, the folks at Yellow Owl are fucking cool. I want to have a million weddings so I can order things from them over and over again.

OK ... well, maybe not a million weddings. Perhaps just announcements for future cat children.

Kate said...

They look pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the invites!

Sorry, I owe you a phone call. I've been in a funk, and not the good Rick James sort. Will you be around tonight?

Michaela said...

Don't worry about the phone call -- I understand. You've had to cope with vomit. That is my worst nightmare.

I should be around tonight, putting stamps on wedding invites, unless I get dragged out for a night of debauchery (which I highly doubt will happen since one of my drinking partners is in Vegas and the other is on her way to SoCal right now).