Powered by Blogger.

clock-watching


As the clock ticks its way toward The Weekend (finally!), I find myself asking a very important question: What are we going to have for dinner?

We usually cook during the week. (The fabulous meal above is something he conjured up Wednesday night.) And cooking usually involves zucchini from our garden. (Our zucchini plants just won't stop.)

But by the time the week is over, the last thing I want to do is cook. Right now, I'm craving pizza. Bricks is my new favorite -- they describe themselves as Chicago-style pizza, but with a thin crust. And they make a killer Caesar salad, too -- housemade dressing, plus real anchovies if you ask for them. And if we're feeling too lazy to go out (and want a huge fatty pizza), Old Chicago Pizza delivers. One slice of that big, thick pie is all I need.

Then of course, there's Mexican. Cotija is delicious and dirt cheap. The restaurant looks kind of like an old gas station, but so far, it's the best Mexican food I've been able to find in Chickenland. (You know you've hit authentic when there's a mariachi band eating there. Yes, eating. On their own personal time and not hired by the restaurant.) I've had the tamale and enchilada combo and a veggie burrito there, and both were excellent.

Seriously ... is it time to go home yet?

No comments