Powered by Blogger.

young woman with growling stomach


Trying not to get stuck on things. The best distraction: a good restaurant with a good friend. So Jenn and I are going to Va de Vi tonight. (This is her much belated birthday dinner.) And I'm armed with advice from Dr. Murad, so I'm definitely going to order the chocolate lava cake.

The last great dinner I had was Wednesday. We went to Medicine Eatstation. It was sort of a celebratory thing for the new job, the new adventure. So we indulged and had the nine-course tasting menu, complete with sake pairings. One word to describe the experience: Amazing. Another word: Clean. Yes, that's right. And by "clean," I don't mean bland. I mean not overdone. Not greasy. And with a beautiful, streamlined presentation that incorporates all five colors of traditional Japanese cooking. I loved everything, from the kabocha squash dofu to the soba noodles to the "old fisherman contemplating the sea" sake.

Which brings me to this: If you were a sake, how would you describe yourself?

No comments